How to Read a CS Research Paper
- Comprehension (what is the plot?)
- What is the research problem / motivation?
- What are the claimed contributions?
- What is the evidence supporting the claims?
- What are the conclusions?
- Is the research problem significant?
- Are the contributions significant?
- Are the claims valid?
- Look at it as an opportunity for new ideas
- Alternative approaches, better approaches
- Arguing against the paper
- Any new open problems?
- Can we do better?
- Short essay reporting what you learned
- Summary / Evaluation / Synthesis
Cross references how to read a book.