- #+title: Books/The Crux
- Richard Rumelt
- Strategy means actually dealing with the underlying complexity, opportunities, and charting a path through them; not blindly defining goals outside of context and then trying to choose a direction.
- Further some elements from the whole bundle of ambitions
- Identifying the crux for strategy means
- which issues are actually important
- and can be made progress against
- and then concentrating all resources here
- Good strategies also let people trust you, are not wishy washy
- Writing reveal contradictions, weak arguments, and places where we need more data
- are not a strategy
- "The idea that a person or organization has 1 or 2 primary driving goals is a fantasy"
- actually a bundle of ambitions