I've slowly become fascinated by systems performance and deeply
understanding what a computer is doing -- particularly a mobile
phone. This also corresponds fairly strongly to my day job, working on
a very complex mobile application and reducing its battery
I plan to collect notes, resources and other related errata on this page.
* Good Books
- Systems Performance by Brendan Gregg, and everything on that website.
- Linux Kernel Development by Robert Love.
- The kindle edition is fairly good, unlike most technical books
- The Mature Optimization Handbook by Carlos Bueno
- One of the most readable but useful books I've read.
- The book is available on the site.
- Nanoscope for very cheap trace profiling of a single thread.